Tuesday 14 August 2012

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation review.

Hi guys,
What would you say to a foundation that makes skin look flawless and gives amazing coverage-no concealer needed? Tell me more I'm guessing?
I have been using this foundation everyday since I bought it to give it a fair trial.
I have to say that after reading a few reviews on it I was a little worried and didn't know what to expect.
I found that the foundation is difficult to work with-but not impossible! as long as it's applied with a dense brush and blended in well it's a doesn't look cakey and covers up all the bits that need it!

This is a photo of me before and after (bare in mind it is too dark for my skin, and looks a little weird because I have no other makeup on!)


One thing I was worried about was my dry skin, as I thought because it was so thick it would stick to my skin and make it flaky, but I was pleasantly surprised. However, I did find that it sunk into my more larger pores and also made facial hair stand out, but I just brushed the foundation in the direction of the hairs when it was all blended in and that seemed to do the trick! :)
It is most defiantly a MUST to apply a primer with this foundation and let it settle otherwise it would just slide off, especially in hot weather! I would also suggest for those with oily skin to apply a powder afterwards.
Overall I would repurchase this foundation but in 115 instead of 120, I find it works with my skin and will last a long time as you only need a pea sized amount to cover the whole face..any more and it would look cakey, but that's the same with a lot of foundations :) I also found that I didn't need to use concealer with this foundation as it is the highest coverage foundation I have ever tried!
I hope this review helped!

Regards
-T

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, thank you! I bough the white shade for photoshoots and it took me AGES to work out how to best use it. I think I'll purchase 115 for everyday now :)

    ReplyDelete